Friday, February 20, 2009

A Divine Appointment

The following story is from the heart of Becky Peterson:

Before I left for Thailand, I asked God to break my heart. Little did I know it would happen as soon as I stepped foot on the property of one of the Safe Houses. An overwhelming moving of God's brokenness came over me and I could not control the flow of tears. As our group entered the room of worship, the warmth of God's love was so evident to me. We sat on the floor with the Thai women who live at the safe house. It was wonderful to see their eyes and hear their voices of praise.

After the singing, we had a young gal ask if anyone needed prayer. Becky McDonald asked to pray for me because I was so sick. I was sick with the flu and had laryngitis. We broke into groups and these precious Thai women laid hands on me and prayed over me. I felt God's power through them even though I could not understand a word they were saying. The lady to my left was crying as she was praying, so I reached over to hug her. She rested her head on me and we embraced for several minutes. Her love flowing to me and mine to her was such a beautiful picture of a God ordained moment. I had no idea that God would use me to minister to this perfect stranger and her to me. What an awesome God!

No comments:

Post a Comment